My name is Adrienne Moherek and I live in Austin, TX with my girlfriend of seven years and our two dogs, Haley and Soda Pop. I believe in living a balanced and happy life. When I’m not in my office, I spend my time hiking, walking the dogs, playing Ultimate Frisbee, and attending births. I currently volunteer with GALS (Giving Austin Labor Support) as a birth doula. I am truly grateful to all of the women who have allowed me to attend their births.
I’m a DONA trained birth doula. I have completed a childbirth class, birth doula workshop, rebozo workshop, attended 5 births, babysit monthly, and am CPR certified. I love, love, love, babies (especially newborns), pregnancy, and birth. If there’s a book you read or documentary you’ve seen about babies or birth I’ve probably already read it or seen it, but I’d love to talk about them with you.
I like to make lists, so here are a few lists about this blog:
- Caring for newborns
- Supporting expecting mothers and their family
- Providing physical and emotional support
- Coaching mamas through birth
- Promoting doulas
- To chronicle my journey of becoming a doula
- To create a safe space for sharing knowledge, experiences, and techniques amongst mothers, families, doulas, and midwives
- To promote the awareness of doulas
If you want to learn more about me, you can follow me on:
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/adriennelovesbabies)
- Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/amoherek)
- Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/amoherek)
You can contact me directly by filling out the form below: